AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 27, 2008

So Close to Death..AGAIN!!!

Iraq is blazing...

So many clashes in southern parts and Baghdad

Clashes between militias, bloody clashes, very bloody... Most of them in Basra, south Iraq

Militias, mostly shi'it, clashed.. They have unkown disputes but mostly for the elections of municiple Assymbley.. Mostly for power...

Bombings everywhere, mortars and random shooting. This has been going on for few days. Curfew in some cities and semi-paralize in Baghdad..I wasn't able to go to work yesterday. We had no electricity for two days due to the damage in the power station, some say it is done on purpuse.

And now, power but no water at all...
Bombing everytime and place. I can hear the whistle of the mortar before it hits, launches form unknown place and lands to unknown place..

Today I decided to go to work , in spite of everything. And so I did. The voices of mortars and bomings did not stop! They were so load and near!! windows shake...
Then we had to leave work early. And while we were waiting outside in the garage for other co-workers, we heard many bombings, we saw smoke from some directions.

Then, on our way, passing a street near by, we heard mortar bombings, close ones. Suddenly, two of them were very load that women started screaming! I tried to calm them down, But as The driver turend the car, I saw the smoke, few yards away from the car! I enhaled very deeply and was scared to death!!! women freaked out! Well, me too! But I tried to stay as calm as I could. I kept conforting them, but I was so shoked!!
We had to turn back and pass were the mortars hit because the other road is even more dangerous.
Even after I returned home, I was so blank! It took me a while to recover from the shoke...
Still, I can hear the bombings and te voices of mortars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOH MY GOD . GOD BLESS ALL IRAQI WOMEN . IT IS REALLY WONDERFUL TO HEAR SOME MARVELOUS WRITING LIKE THIS FROM IRAQI WOMAN BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE GET DEPPRESSED ON OUR TIME AND WHAT'S GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY.BUT KEEP WTITING MY BEST WOMAN (THE IRAQI WOMAN)IN THE WORLD KEEP MOVING YOUR PENCIL ON THE PAPER LET THE WORLD HEAR YOUR CRYING AND THOUGHTS .