AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, March 3, 2008

....... Morning!

As I always start a week day morning, I was getting ready for work. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. had breakfast. The radio was on with songs of the famous Arabic singer ( Fairooz ), Playing the songs of this singer in the morning is a very common thing in every Arabic radio station inside and outside the Arabic world.
So I was finishing my morning (rituals!) by facing my mirror of the dresser and doing the final touches, I heard a very loud and close bang, shook the windows of my room and the curtains shook for seconds. Luckily I wasn't near this time. In few minutes, I heard sirens of scuad cars, army and ambulances.
In the bus taking us to work, everyone was talking about it. One of them was severly in shook, her eyes were full open and the tension was pretty obvious, the others were comforting her. She said that the door of her apartment violently and widely opened due to the strength of the bombing...It turned out that it happened in a crossroad not far away from my place..
At work, after greeting her saying " good morning" she answered saying " the number of bombs in this morning is unbelieveable" .. Few minutes later I have heard people talking about several bombings happened in different areas of Baghdad, also some main roads are closed......Only this morning.......

No comments: