AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 14, 2008

Mortar Attack!

Today, as i was going home from work, reaching my neighborhood, it was obvious that the road is closed by two squad cars. There was some debree on the ground. All the cars turned back to change the road including our bus.
We tried so many roads until the bus had to stop some point becasue most of them were closed and we had to continue to home walking. Well, that was kind of dangerous but we had no other choice.

When I entered our street I saw my father approaching me. When I asked him what happened, he told me that there was mortar attack on our neighborhood, he said that one of them hit the market and the shops, the two others hit residential buildings, the third floor, both of them hit bedrooms and landed there, luckily there was no one in the rooms so no one got hurt. My father said that the voice was so loud, the houses were shaking. Mother said that she was out in the garden, and the mortar flew over her, both the voices of the flying and the landing were very scary, but she decided to stay calm.

Later in the day, I knew that one of the mortars hit a friend's and neighbor's house. It hit her bedroom while she and her baby girl were at the exact next room. Luckily she managed to get out of the apartment before she and her baby got hurt. Her building is three buildings away from us.

The question is, why here? our neighborhood is a residential only, houses, buildings and apartments? I dont understand! What is the point of all that?

No comments: